November 6, 2013: Enhancing consumer protection in auto insurance news release posted.
October 1, 2013: Board Decisions for 3rd Quarter of 2013 posted.
September 16, 2013: Bulletin 03-2013 - Private Passenger Automobile Insurers - Rating Profiles.
July 25, 2013: Mandatory auto insurance increases by up to 5 per cent.
A formal public meeting was held to review mandatory premiums on June 12, 2012 in Calgary. Links to the decision, background information, transcript, written submissions, and presentation documents are available below.
2012 Public Meeting - Documentation Index
- 2012 Decision and Background Information
- 2012 Transcript
- 2012 Presentation Schedule and Documents
- 2012 Written Submissions
- Mandatory automobile insurance premiums to increase by up to five per cent (news release, July 26, 2012)
- Annual Industry-Wide Adjustment of Rates for Basic Coverage:
Bulletin 01-2012 and Order 01-2012
- Adjustment to Grid Base Rates for Basic Coverage:
Bulletin 02-2012 and Order 02-2012
- Actuarial Analysis for Industry-wide Adjustment (June 1, 2012) and Addendum (July 26, 2012)
- Information Bulletin: Auto Insurance Rate Board to hear presentations on premium review (June 8, 2012)
- Notice 01-2012: Annual Review Process and Date (April 10, 2012)
Location: Calgary - Sheraton Cavalier Calgary Hotel, 2620 - 32nd Avenue NE
- Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - AM:
- Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - PM:
- Co-operators Group Ltd.: Written Submission
- Desjardins General Insurance Group: Written Submission
- Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company: Written Submission
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company: Written Submission