April 8, 2015: Board decisions for 1st Quarter of 2015
March 30, 2015: Annual Report for the year ended December 31, 2014
February 4, 2015: Semi-annual Review process and documentation
See the links below for information; each year's page contains links to background information and documentation from the public meetings.
The Board conducts an Annual Review of industry loss and expense experience for basic and additional coverage on private passenger vehicles. This process includes input from all stakeholders including industry, public and the AIRB consumer representative.
A final report is issued in September of each year which provides rating factor guidelines to be used when reviewing insurer’s filings and determining the appropriate Grid premium level.
Annual Industry-wide Adjustment (prior to July 1, 2014)
Prior to July 1, 2014, the AIRB held formal public meetings to review premium rates for basic coverage for private passenger vehicles. Decisions regarding premiums were announced by August 1, and if there was an adjustment to rates, they would take effect on November 1. If the Board’s decision was to decrease premiums, all automobile insurers within Alberta were required to do so. If the Board decided that an increase in premiums was warranted, insurers had the option to implement the increase.
- 2013 Annual Industry-Wide Adjustment
- 2012 Annual Industry-Wide Adjustment
- 2011 Annual Industry-Wide Adjustment
- 2010 Annual Industry-Wide Adjustment
- 2009 Annual Industry-Wide Adjustment
- 2008 Annual Industry-Wide Adjustment
- 2007 Annual Industry-Wide Adjustment
- 2006 Annual Industry-Wide Adjustment
(see also: 2006 Profit Review)
- 2005 Annual Industry-Wide Adjustment